Friday, September 26, 2008

Another Weekend, Another Show

If it's the weekend, there must be a cat show somewhere. So it is Thursday night and I am about to wash two cats. Yep, we crazy cat show people actually shampoo, condition and even blow dry our cats. Now, you may think that I'm permanently scarred--and now that I think of it, I do have a couple of cat scratch scars...... But most of those are not from bathing the cat ;-)

But the bathing is just the beginning. I next have to pack my show supplies. That includes fancy "curtains" to decorate the cage where the cat hangs out when not being judges, grooming supplies, food, litter boxes, and even a few cat toys. Next, I have to pack the cat's supplies for the hotel room, which includes litter box, food, water, more cat toys, and probably some shampoo just in case I need to give the cat another bath. I'm not done yet. Now I have to pack for me. Usually a smaller stack of stuff usual hotel stuff, like PJs, make-up and a change of clothes.

So, hopefully, I've got my car all loaded up with the "stuff." Out come the cat carriers, and I load the cats up just before hitting the road. And now the fun part -- the 7 hour drive from Northern California to Southern California. If I'm really lucky, my cats will be quiet during the drive. If I'm not, I get a cat serenade.

Yep, I'm heading to Southern California for the cat show and I think my car has auto pilot to get me there. This week, I have the luxury of being able to drive during the day on Friday. But come Sunday evening, everything gets loaded back up, and I drive home. If I'm lucky, I'll get home by midnight.

So that's the relaxing weekend I have planned. I'm taking Sly (my Blog poster cat) and Sedona Rose this weekend. We'll see if a couple of the judges will give them a nod, and make them one of their Top 10 cats.

More later....
Kathryn

No comments: